2014, wow, what a trip. It was a year of transition, heartache, and joy. Squirt started kindergarten, we bought a house, knocked out debt, got pregnant, and so many more great things. However it wasn’t all fun. There was a point where I lost myself. It seemed like life changing decisions were facing me at every turn. I closed a business and blog (that I was emotionally attacked to in a bad way), took a hard stance against some peers and lost many people in the process, dealt with depression, and so much more. As a person I grew in so many ways and sometimes feel like I’m standing on the edge of a new horizon.
Good bye 2014.
2015 i’m looking forward to what’s next. Moving forward and savoring life. So far the year is starting off on a great foot. Our second child is due any day now and my first article will be published in Green Craft Magazine this February. So now it’s time I embrace a few clear goals that I want to embrace this coming year when it comes to my writing.
- Write at least 1,500 words a week at least. No excuses.
- Publish five articles in magazines.
- Finish the first draft of one of the stories in my head.
- Find a writing partner/ group
- Write and polish two short stories so they are ready to submit to journals.
- Blog once a week and find my voice here.
- Get my notes organized. It’s a sad mess right now.
How about you? What are your writing goals for 2015?
Check out YA Highway for more writing goals for the year.